Fresh food, fresh ideas!
Dmitri's Restaurant, Philadelphia
Tibetian cuisines worldwide and present them to you with utmost care and
flavors, customized to your tastebuds.
Daily Fresh Menus
We present new chef-curated menus daily by creating an authentic fusion of old and unique flavors. If you’re a regular customer, be careful, you might get addicted to our delicious flavors.
The innovative, blending, and playful modern flair of flavors lets you sit and enjoy your meal, leaving you craving for more! Also, make room for dessert, whose flavors directly touch your heart.
Home Roasted Coffee
Try our freshly brewed coffee from authentic coffee estates around the city. Not only will you crave a cup every day, but you will also flock to us, wanting more.
Original Tibetan restaurant in Philadelphia
Why choose us
Our News And Events
How to Find the Best Restaurants in Your Area
Everyone knows the feeling of being in a new city or town and not knowing where to eat. You can walk around for hours, looking at menus and peeking in windows, but all the restaurants look the same. And then you finally settle on something because you’re so hungry.
We’ve all been there, but it doesn’t have to be that way. There are ways to find the best restaurants in your area without even stepping foot inside them.
Use Google Maps
Assuming you’re looking for restaurants near your current location, open Google Maps and type “restaurants” into the search bar. A map will populate with red markers indicating nearby eateries. Click on a marker to see the restaurant’s name and average rating.
You can also click the “More places” button at the bottom of the screen to see a list view of restaurants, which includes additional information such as the type of cuisine and price range.
To further narrow down your search results, you can apply filters such as rating, price, and type of cuisine. For example, if you only want to see Italian restaurants that are highly rated and reasonably priced, you would select those filters. Once you’ve applied your desired filters, click the “Done” button to update the results.
If you’re looking for more specific recommendations, you can read reviews of restaurants on Google Maps by clicking on the “Ratings & reviews” tab. Here, you’ll find written reviews and star ratings from other Google users.
Browse Local Blogs and Websites
If you’re looking for the most comprehensive list of options, browsing local blogs and websites is probably your best bet. You can start by searching for “restaurants in [your city]” or “[your city] food bloggers.” This should bring up a good mix of results, including well-known and obscure options.
Once you have a list of potential restaurants, take some time to read through their menus and see if they have anything that catches your eye. If you’re still unsure, most websites will have contact information listed so you can give them a call and get more information. Don’t forget to read through the reviews before making your final decision!
Online reviews can help understand what others think of the food and service, but remember that not everyone’s experience will be the same. With a little bit of research, you should be able to find the perfect restaurant for your next meal!
Check Social Media
Assuming you want tips for finding the best restaurants in your area via social media:
Check Yelp and other review sites
Yelp is a great resource for finding out about local businesses, including restaurants. Checking Yelp can give you an idea of what restaurants are popular in your area, as well as what people think of them.
Follow food bloggers and influencers
There are likely many food bloggers and influencers in your area who can recommend the best restaurants. A quick search on Instagram or Twitter should turn up some names you can follow.
Once you’ve narrowed down your options, try visiting a few places and see which one feels like the best fit. With a little effort, you’re sure to find the perfect restaurant for your next meal.
Drinks and Foods That Go Well Together
When it comes to food and drink, there are some classic combinations that just can’t be beat. Think of peanut butter and jelly, or chocolate and milk. But what about combinations that are a little less expected?
There are no hard rules when it comes to food and beverage pairings. But there are certainly some combinations that work better than others. Here are some of our favorite drinks and foods that go well together.
The Classic Pairings
There are certain drinks and foods that just seem to go together. They compliment each other and make the perfect pairing. Here are some of our favorite classic pairings:
- Wine and cheese
- Beer and pretzels
- Whiskey and chocolate
- Tequila and lime
- Vodka and caviar
These are only a few of the many fantastic combinations that may be made. Find your own favourites by experimenting!
The Adventurous Pairings
There are endless possibilities when it comes to pairing drinks with food. The key is to find complementary flavors that enhance each other. Here are some adventurous pairings to try:
- Sriracha and tequila: The spice of the Sriracha paired with the smoothness of tequila makes for a perfect match. Try it in a margarita or Bloody Mary.
- Bacon and bourbon: The salty, smoky flavor of bacon enhances the sweetness of bourbon. Try it in a bourbon Old Fashioned or Manhattan.
- Cucumber and gin: The refreshing flavor of cucumber pairs well with the juniper flavor of gin. Try it in a gin and tonic or martini.
- Spicy food and beer: The carbonation in beer helps to tame the heat of spicy dishes. Try it with Indian food or Thai curry.
The Unique Pairings
Here are some unusual flavour combinations that you might not have previously considered:
- Cinnamon and chocolate: These two flavors work together to create a rich, sweet, and spicy combination.
- Rosemary and lemon: The herbal notes of rosemary pair perfectly with the bright acidity of lemon. This combo is perfect for summer drinks and dishes.
- Basil and strawberry: The sweetness of strawberries is enhanced by the aromatic notes of basil. This is a great pairing for fruit salads or cocktails.
- Sage and pear: The earthy flavor of sage pairs well with the sweetness of pear. This combo works well in savory dishes or desserts.
How to Create your Own Perfect Pairing
To start, you need to think about what kind of flavors you like. Do you prefer sweet or savory? Spicy or mild? Once you have an idea of the types of flavors you want, you can start to experiment with different combinations. To start, look at classic food and drink pairings and seeing if any of them appeal to you.
The easiest way to do this is to taste small quantity of each ingredient until you find the fusion that most appeals to your palette. Don’t be afraid to experiment – that’s half the fun! – and soon enough you’ll have your very own perfect pairing.
The Most Delicious Drinks From Around the World
From the bright lights of New York City to the small villages of Thailand, people love to drink. And while there are countless varieties of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages consumed all over the world, some drinks just stand out more than others.
From fruity cocktails to rich and creamy coffees, there’s a beverage out there for everyone. So sit back, relax, and enjoy reading about all the different ways you can quench your thirst.
Thailand – Chang Beer
If you love beer and want to add a new country to your list of places to visit, Thailand should be high on your list. The country is home to Chang Beer, which is one of the most delicious and refreshing beers in the world.
Chang Beer is brewed with only the finest ingredients, including Thai rice and water from the Mae Klong River. This gives the beer its unique flavor that is unlike any other beer in the world. When visiting Thailand, be sure to try a Chang Beer – you won’t be disappointed!
Japan – Sake
Japan is renowned for its delicious sake, and for a good reason. This traditional rice wine is smooth and fragrant, with a slightly sweet taste that makes it incredibly easy to drink. It’s perfect for sipping on its own or enjoying a meal, and there are endless varieties to try.
When it comes to sake, the sky’s the limit. There are so many different types and styles to choose from, all of them delicious in their own way. Whether you prefer your sake dry or sweet, light or full-bodied, there’s a variety out there that’s sure to suit your taste.
Mexico – Tequila
Mexico is home to tequila, one of the most delicious drinks in the world. Tequila is made from the agave plant, which grows in abundance in Mexico. The best tequila is made from 100% blue agave and has a rich, smooth flavor.
Tequila is often used in cocktails, such as Margaritas and Bloody Marys. It can also be enjoyed on its own, neat, or the rocks. When purchasing tequila, be sure to look for the 100% blue agave label to get the best quality.
UK – Gin
Gin is a clear, distilled alcoholic beverage with a strong juniper flavor. It is one of the most popular drinks in the UK and is often enjoyed with tonic water and a slice of lemon or lime. Gin is also a key ingredient in many cocktails, such as the Martini and the Gin and Tonic.
Australia – Bundaberg Rum
Bundaberg Rum is a world-renowned Australian rum that is produced in the city of Bundaberg, Queensland. The rum is made from sugar cane that is grown in the local area and then fermented and distilled on-site. The rum is aged in oak barrels for a minimum of three years, which gives it its unique flavor profile.
Bundaberg Rum has a long history dating back to 1888, when the first distillery was established in the city. Since then, rum has become an iconic part of Australian culture and is enjoyed by locals and visitors alike.
No matter your taste preference, there’s sure to be a drink that’s perfect for you!
The Perfect Food for Your Next Party
When you are planning your next party, you want to ensure that you have the perfect food to serve your guests.
When selecting the ideal food for your party, there are a few factors to consider,
- First, you need to consider what type of party you are having. If it is a formal affair, you want to serve something a little more sophisticated. If it is a casual get-together, then you can be a little more relaxed with your choices.
- Next, you need to think about the number of people that you are expecting at your party. This will help you decide how much food you need to prepare.
- You also need to take into account any special dietary needs that your guests may have. This way, everyone can enjoy the food at your party.
- Finally, you need to decide on a budget for your party food. Once you have all this information, you can look for the perfect menu items for your event.
Make sure to give yourself enough time to find the best possible options so that your party is a success!
The Best Foods for Your Party
When it comes to hosting a party, the food you serve can make or break the event. You want to choose dishes that will please a variety of palates and that won’t leave your guests feeling overstuffed.
Some of our favorite party foods include:
- Vegetable platters with dips: A healthy and colorful option that will be a hit with guests of all ages.
- Fruit kabobs: Another healthy option that’s also fun and festive.
- Cheese and crackers: A classic party food that everyone loves.
- Pita chips and hummus: A delicious and easy way to feed a crowd.
- Mini quiches: Perfect for brunch parties or as an appetizer.
- Sandwich sliders: Always a hit at kid-friendly parties.
How to Make the Perfect Food
- You want to make sure the food is easy to eat. No one wants to struggle with a fork and knife at a party!
- Second, you want to ensure the food is tasty and will appeal to many people.
- Lastly, you want to make sure the food is visually appealing.
With those things in mind, let’s look at how to make the perfect food for your next party!
The Perfect Recipes for Your Party
No matter what the occasion, these party-perfect recipes will make your guests coming back for seconds! From savory appetizers to sweet desserts, we’ve got something for everyone.
For starters, try our mini quiches or bacon-wrapped shrimp. Both are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. For something a little heartier, try our slow cooker pot roast or chicken Parmesan. And for those with a sweet tooth, our chocolate chip cookies or tiramisu will hit the spot.
So whatever the occasion, be sure to make it a party to remember with these delicious recipes!
No matter what kind of party you’re throwing, there’s food that will be perfect. You can create a menu that will keep your guests talking long after the party is finished with some planning and creativity. So get out there and start experimenting – your perfect party food is waiting to be discovered.
The Ultimate Guide to Understanding Food
What we put into our bodies matters. It’s not just a saying. It’s science. The food we consume directly impacts our physical and mental health, so it’s important to be mindful of what we eat. Yet, with all the different diets and food trends, it can be hard to know what to believe.
The Different Types of Food
- Fruits and vegetables – Fruits and vegetables are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They are an excellent source of fiber, which helps to keep you full and aids in digestion.
- Protein-rich foods – Meat, poultry, fish, eggs, and beans are all excellent sources of protein. Protein is essential for muscle growth and repair and can help keep you feeling full after eating.
- Whole grains – Whole grains contain complex carbohydrates that break down slowly, providing lasting energy throughout the day. They also contain vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Dairy – Dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt are rich in calcium, essential for strong bones and teeth. Dairy products also contain protein and other nutrients that can benefit your health.
- Fatty fish – Fatty fish such as salmon, tuna, mackerel, and sardines are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids have many health benefits, including reducing inflammation and improving heart health.
How to Choose Healthy Foods
There are a few things to consider when choosing healthy foods:
- Choose foods that are low in calories and fat. Too much fat can lead to weight gain and other health problems.
- Avoid processed foods. Processed foods are often high in sugar, salt, and unhealthy fats. They can also be lacking in important nutrients like fiber and vitamins.
- Focus on fresh, whole foods as much as possible. This means eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains.
- Don’t forget to stay hydrated! Drinking plenty of water throughout the day will help your body function at its best.
- Avoid eating out too often. When you eat out, it’s harder to control what goes into your food. If you eat out, choose healthier options like salads, grilled chicken, or fish.
- Cook at home more often. Cooking at home gives you more control over what you’re eating and allows you to use healthier ingredients. Plus, it can be a fun way to spend time with family or friends!
- Get active! Exercise is important for overall health, and it can also help boost your mood and give you more energy. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise most days of the week.
The Nutrients in Food
When we think of the nutrients in food, we typically think of the macronutrients: protein, fat, and carbohydrates. However, many other nutrients are essential to our health. These include vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and water.
Each of these nutrients plays a vital role in our bodies. For example, vitamins are essential for metabolism and cell growth, while minerals help to maintain fluid balance and support bone health.
Some foods are more nutrient-dense than others, meaning they pack more nutritional punch per calorie.
When making decisions about what to eat, consider not just the overall macronutrient content of food but also its micronutrient density.
The Importance of Eating Healthy
It’s no secret that what we eat directly impacts our health. The food we consume affects everything from our mood and energy levels to our risk of developing chronic diseases. With that in mind, it’s essential to ensure we eat healthy foods that will support our overall health and well-being.
What is a Healthy Diet?
A diet should include a variety of nutrient-dense foods from all food groups. It should also be moderate in calories and provide enough energy to support an individual’s needs
Many types of diets can be followed, but not all of them are necessarily healthy. For example, fad diets that severely restrict calories or eliminate entire food groups are often unsustainable and can lead to nutrient deficiencies.
Lastly, a healthy diet should be enjoyable and easy to follow long-term.
The Benefits of Eating Healthy
- Eating healthy can help improve your overall physical health. Eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can help reduce your risk of developing chronic diseases such as heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
- Eating healthy can also improve your mental health. Individuals who eat a healthy diet are less likely to experience depression and anxiety.
- Furthermore, eating healthy can also help boost your energy levels and improve your mood.
The Risks of Not Eating Healthy
The risks of not eating healthy far outweigh the benefits of eating unhealthy. Here are some of the risks associated with not eating healthily:
- You’re at a higher risk of developing chronic diseases.
- You’re more likely to be overweight or obese.
- Your mental health may suffer.
What you eat can affect your mood and mental well-being. If you don’t eat enough nutritious foods, you may be more likely to suffer from anxiety and depression. Eating a healthy
Tips for Eating Healthy
- Make sure to include a variety of food groups in your diet.
- Try to eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods.
- Make sure to include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Limit your intake of sugary drinks and high-calorie snacks.
- Be mindful of portion sizes.
It’s easy to overeat, even when you’re eating healthy foods. Pay attention to how much you consume and stop when you’re full.
Recipes for a Healthy Diet
Here are some recipes for a healthy diet that are sure to please your taste buds:
- Quinoa and black bean stuffed peppers: These are packed with protein and fiber, making them a filling and satisfying meal.
- Roasted Brussels sprouts with roasted red potatoes: This dish contains antioxidants and vitamins, making it a great option for a healthy dinner.
- Salmon with roasted asparagus: Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have numerous health benefits. This simple recipe pairs salmon with asparagus for a complete and healthy meal.
- Spaghetti squash with tomato sauce: Spaghetti squash is a low-carb alternative to traditional pasta that is just as delicious. This recipe pairs it with a homemade tomato sauce for a healthier version of classic spaghetti and meatballs.
- Chicken salad with avocado dressing: This salad bursts with flavor thanks to the avocado dressing. It’s also packed with nutrients like fiber and protein, making it a great option for a healthy lunch or dinner
Must Try Food in Philadelphia:
Philadelphia is a great place for food lovers. Philadelphia is a beautiful city bustling with a variety of cuisines. From cheesesteaks to pretzels, there are many iconic foods to try. Food in Philadelphia is influenced by the people who make up its population. You can find Italian, Mexican, Chinese, and Middle Eastern influences in the Philadelphian cuisine. Here are some of the most popular foods you should try while in Philadelphia:
Water Ice is an iconic Philadelphian desert locals enjoy on a hot summer day. As the name suggests, the dessert is made of shaved ice mixed with fruit syrup into a smooth consistency. Outside of Philadelphia, this delicious treat is called the Italian Ice. The dessert was popularised by Rita’s Italian Ice, which retired firefighter Bob Tumolo founded in the 1980s. Making this simple dessert is a rather time-consuming process. The trick to creating a perfect water ice recipe with a smooth consistency is to ensure that half of the water that goes into the manufacturing process turns into ice crystals. You can try D’Emilio’s Old World Ice Treats, Dre’s Homemade Water Ice and Ice Cream, Fred’s Water Ice, etc., for this delicious treat in Philadelphia.
Pretzels are one of the favorite snacks among the locals in Philadelphia. Pretzels are a standard food item here, no matter the time of the day. The German settlers introduced the recipe, and Philadelphia is known for its signature variety – the soft Pretzel. Ideally, a Pretzel should be crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle. In Philadelphia, Pretzels are shaped like in figure eight, compared to the heart-shaped ones elsewhere. Experts say that this unique shape is what resulted in the texture and flavor characteristic of soft pretzels in Philadelphia. You can try this delicious treat in Miller’s Twist, Philly Pretzel Factory, Pretzel Workz, etc.
There is no list of Philadelphia cuisines without mentioning the iconic Philly Cheesesteaks. It is a super delicious sandwich made from caramelized onion, pepper, thinly sliced steak, and cheese filling into a crusty roll of bread. When it comes to cheese, you can opt for provolone, American, or Cheez-Wiz for your Philly cheesesteaks. The original recipe for this popular dish is credited to Pat and Harry Olivieri, who ran a hotdog stand. The Philly Cheesecake, as we know it today, originated in the 1930s when the brothers introduced it in their hotdog stand. You can try delicious cheesesteaks at Pat’s King of Steaks, Geno’s Steaks, John’s Roast Pork, or Dalessandro’s Steaks and Hoagies.
Hoagies are the Philadelphia version of the sub sandwich, but better. Hoagies are influenced by Italian cuisine and contain meat, cheese, and other condiments. The recipe for this iconic dish is known to be from the Italian immigrants who resided in Hog Island during WW1. You can try Hoagies at popular spots such as Primo Hoagies, Liberty Kitchen PHL, and Pastificio Deli.
Things You Should Know Before Having A Greek Coffee
Brazil is the first country that comes to mind when we think of coffee. Though few people are aware of Greek coffee, Greek coffee has long been a part of Greek culture. Greece is known for its spectacular scenery and landscapes. But coffee has been consumed in Greece for a very long time. Greece’s connection to coffee dates back to the Ottoman Empire. In 15th-century Constantinople, now called Istanbul, the country’s first coffee shop was established.
As their day begins with a cup of coffee, drinking coffee has become a ritual for the Greeks. The Greeks are dependent on their daily dose of coffee. Greek coffee is made entirely different and has a unique flavor. Therefore, whether you are in Greece or enjoying Greek coffee elsewhere, you should have a basic understanding of coffee to understand better the culture and the significance of the beverage in Greece.
The amount of coffee Greeks consume
Greeks are known for eating grilled meat and meat-heavy dishes, but they are also among the top 20 coffee consumers in the world. On the list of the top countries with the highest coffee consumption, Greece is reportedly ranked 17th. The Greek population is estimated to consume more than 5 kilos of coffee each year.
Greek coffee and its process of making
The flavor should be familiar if you’ve previously had Turkish coffee. Greek coffee is also comparable to coffees from Bosnia, Cyprus, Serbia, and Armenia. Arabica coffee beans are roasted at a particular temperature and then finely ground to powder to make Greek coffee. To give the coffee a distinctively creamy and rich flavor, the coffee is next boiled rather than brewed.
Greek coffee is prepared in a tall, slender coffee pot known as a briki, which is heated on a stove with water, sugar, and grounded Greek coffee. Greek coffee is quite easily measured using an equal amount of sugar and coffee. After that, the briki is heated and boiled until it foams. After all the bubbles have vanished, it is taken off the heat and boiled once more until it foams. The coffee will then be prepared for consumption.
Features of Greek coffee
Greek coffee is distinctive in that it is boiled, unlike most other countries where it is brewed. Greek coffee is boiled, making it rich in polyphenols, antioxidants, and very little caffeine compared to other types of coffee. It’s also known that drinking this coffee lengthens life expectancy. Researchers have also discovered that because of their propensity for drinking coffee, people who live on Greek islands have higher living ratios than anyone else on earth.
Way of serving and drinking
Greek coffee is served with a glass of water in a small espresso-like cup. Although some people like it with milk, it tastes best when it is black and sweet. Allowing the coffee grounds to settle will help you slowly enjoy your beverage. However, take care not to consume the coffee grounds along with the coffee as this will spoil the overall enjoyment.
Must Try Food Items to Try In Philadelphia
The United States was supposedly founded in the city of Philadelphia. It is also known as the first World Heritage City in the nation. Philadelphia is well-known for its fascinating and historical museums, but it is also renowned for its culinary offerings. Philadelphia is a city with a prosperous history and delicious cuisine. The food’s appearance and flavor convey a sense of tradition and individuality. The following is a list of some of Philadelphia’s most delectable and well-known foods you shouldn’t miss trying.
Have some delicious and fluffy soft pretzels for breakfast to begin your day in the most subtle way possible. Pretzels are the ideal accompaniment to your morning tea or coffee. With different dips like cheese wiz, mustard, and honey mustard, you can indulge in the sense of crispness from the outside and softness from the inside. You can sample a traditional, delectable pretzel by visiting any pretzel factory in the area that has been in business for more than 20 years.
Although there are cheesesteaks all over the US, you can only find authentic ones in Philadelphia. Philadelphia is where the cheesesteak concept first emerged so that no other city can match its flavor. Your mouth will water for the treat as you bite into a soft bun stuffed with juicy meat and topped with cheese and fried onions. You can visit any local shop in Philadephia and get your hands on the most flavourful snack in the town.
Want to try something unusual? If so, make sure to try Philadelphia’s distinctive and well-known square pizza. You can find this pizza at the conveniently located Santucci’s restaurant in the community. This place has been in business for almost 60 years and is known for its unique square-shaped pizzas. You can order the pizza with cheese on top or just the plain toppings; either way, your mouth will be filled with a mouthwatering and unique explosion of flavors.
Roast Pork Sandwich
Once given the name of the Best Sandwich in America by the Travel Channel, you cannot miss out on this classic dish you find only in Philadephia at Tommy DiNic’s. This remarkable cultural dish includes oven-roasted pork shoulder topped with liquid provolone cheese and flavorful broccoli rabe, presented with a sesame seed roll. This dish is also Philadelphia’s most loved dish, so you cannot skip on tasting the town’s favorite.
You can end your day with a cannoli to round out the list with the ideal dessert. Everyone’s favorite dessert, cannoli, is a crispy roll filled with sweet fillings. It has a crisp exterior with a crunchy fried shell and a light Italian cream filling made of ricotta cheese, vanilla, or chocolate. You will undoubtedly experience an emotion when you bite into this cannoli that is difficult to put into words. Visit Termini Brothers Bakery in Philadelphia for the city’s most authentic cannoli, which they’ve been producing for a century.